Friday, June 19, 2015

Yes its supposed to be blurry!!


Its challenge time at Daring Cardmakers and this was a big challenge for me. 

This weeks dare is all about creating a bokeh effect on your cards using your ink pads.  I had never heard of it before so had to do a little research. 

In photography, bokeh (Originally /ˈboʊkɛ/, /ˈboʊkeɪ/ BOH-kay — also sometimes pronounced as /ˈboʊkə/ BOH-kə, Japanese: [boke]) is the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in the out-of-focus parts of an image produced by a lens. Bokeh has been defined as "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light".

Then I had a look on U Tube and found some great tutorials but then released I had no white ink pad.  So I used bleach instead.  I think I got the same effect!!

 
I used a purple and teal ink pad.  I inked up around the edges and over the whole piece of card using a blending tool.  I then added some darker circles using a scalloped die as a stencil.  I then took some normal household bleach and a cotton bud and painted it on in circles which took out some of the colour out.


3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous and ingenious card Dawn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the effect with bleach - gorgeous card, Dawn

    jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your bokeh background. The bleach has the same effect as the white inkpad ... migt be a bit more smelly though =).

    ReplyDelete