Friday, May 22, 2015

Science Fiction

First of all I would like to say a massive Happy Birthday to Svenja from the Daring Cardmakers design team.

Its also Svenja turn to host this week challenge and this weeks theme as its Towel day (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) on Monday its all about Science Fiction.

So the Daring Cardmakers would like to see your Sci Fi themed cards which could include your favourite sci fi hero, Dr Who, Spock, Princess Leia.....

Who is your favourite?

I have gone with Mulder and Scully from the X Files.  Unfortunately I didn't have any alien type images to use so I went with the colours that featured on most of the advertising poster for the show which was green and black. 

 
The backing papers I have used are some that I had in my stash.  I think this was probably the first paper pack I bought.  I have had them for years

 
The stars are from a die cut set from Stampin Up and I cut them from glittered foam.
 
Don't forget to stop by the design team blogs for more inspiration and have a great weekend!!!




2 comments:

  1. I really love the colourway you've used here Dawn. I love the design and I bet it looks even better in real life as it seems so sparkly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've definitely nailed the X-Files colour scheme (also a favourite of mine - back in the day...) and I love all the glitter, too.
    Thanks for the birthday wishes and also your kind comment on my blog. Yes, my card is all stamped. Viva Las Vegastamps has quite a choice but I also used some other companies, some of which have been off the market for years now (sadly). The Tardis was stamped on shrink plastic .

    ReplyDelete