Monday, June 19, 2017

My Little Boat

Morning all. 
 
What a lovely weekend we had and the hot weather is set to stay for a few more days.
 
 
 
I am sharing my Spellblogger for Spellbinders post a few days early as I really wanted to take part in a sketch challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches.  I haven't joined in many card challenges lately and I saw this sketch and I thought it was really fun.


For this card I used a little set called Die D-Lites Nautical.  In the set you get the boat, an anchor and a little flag.
 
 
 
 
To create the circles on my card to match the sketch I used the Nesabilities Celebrations Pierced Circles Set.  On the biggest circle I used the optional piercing. 

 
The greeting is from Shapeabilities Simply Said Phrase 2 Set.  I cut this out twice, once from silver mirror card and then from kraft card to create the shadow effect.

 
To finish I added a little bit of string to the anchor and used the tiny waste dots from the port holes on the boat as little embellishments.
 
Thanks for stopping by and please check out the Spellbinders website for more details about the dies I have used on todays project.
 

 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Super! I love the way you used the waste circles as embellishments xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a wonderful card! I love the colours and the sweet little image you've used combed with the textured background. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Dawn. The little boat is lovely and I love the circles in such fabulous colours. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete