Friday, October 20, 2017

Country or City

 
Morning All.
 
Its the last day of term here in France for two weeks.  My daughter is very excited as we have a movie night planned for this evening and also its Halloween soon.
 
The school usually have a little coffee and cake event where the kids all dress up so I must come up with a spooky ideasfor my cupcakes.
 
So back to todays post which is for Daring Cardmakers.  Our lovely host this weeks is Miri. 
Miri would like to know if you are a country or a city kind of person and then show us what you like about living there in your creations.
 
Can you guess what I am?
 
That's right. Country.
 
I grew up in the countryside in England and now I live in the beautiful countryside of Brittany, France.
 
As we had a little surprise hatching of new chicks I thought I would feature a cockerel on my card.
 
 
To make my card I started with a piece of black card stock and trimmed it to fit my card front.  I then took a piece of grey card stock and trimmed this slightly smaller.  I then stamped the pretty flowers to the bottom and top which is from a set by Stampin Up called Wood Words.

 
I then placed the grey card stock through my Spellbinders Platinum machine and used the embossing folder from Spellbinders called Chicken Wire by Donna Salazar.

 
I then used the same stamp and die from Stampin Up to make the cockerel and also I used the flowers again but this time coloured them in using some promakers.  I then added a little gingham ribbon to finish.
Gingham and country are just made for each other.
 
Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to see if you are a city or a country kind of person.
 
Please stop by the Daring Cardmakers blog for more lovely inspiration and I will see you there.
 
Have a lovely weekend.
 
xXx
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Dawn this is fabulous, the embossing background is a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning card Dawn, beautiful design. I'm a country girl too. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grey background looks lovely with the stamped black flowers - a touch of sophistication with the country feel, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pretty design - and the grey background is just perfect for allowing the image section to stand out

    ReplyDelete
  5. great color combo and I love the embossed background in grey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is lovely and the different elements are a perfect match: chicken wire, cockerel, gingham and flowers ... what a lovely card from a lovely country girl.

    ReplyDelete