Friday, July 21, 2017

All Tied Up

  Yippee its Friday.
 
Its time for a challenge at Daring Cardmakers.  Kathy is our lovely host this week and would like to see string, fibres or thread used on your card in a creative way.
 
I decided to make a wreath using some string.
 
I looped the string round a few times then stuck it to my embossed card stock.  The embossing folder I used is by Tammy Tutterow called blistered from Spellbinders.  I just added a little bit of white ink to the edges as I thought it was just to much grey.
 

 
For the little details on the wreath I used the Die D-Lites Springtime set from Spellbinders.  I just used the little butterfly and flower.
 
 

 
I then added the greeting using some copper mirror card and used the Shapeabilities Simply Said Phrase 2 die set from Spellbinders.
 
I finished with a few sequins as I love my sparkle.
 
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to stop by the Design Team Blogs at Daring Cardmakers for more lovely inspiration.
 
Full details of all the products I have used can be found over at Spellbinders.
 

 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. The grey backdrop looks really stylish Dawn and the texture of the wreath is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love this Dawn, fabulous design and I love the wreath. Must keep this is mind when autumn comes, if you don't mind. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind at all, glad to inspire you. x

      Delete
  3. Believe it or not, a string wreath was what I had in mind when I added this challenge to our calendar. You were quick off the mark and beat me to the actual making of it though!!! I really love it, and am pleased to see how well it works. Love the embossing too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! Great minds think a like. Thanks for the lovely comment. x

      Delete
  4. Love the combo of rough and shiny on this card.

    ReplyDelete