Friday, July 14, 2017

If You Go Down To The Woods Today.....

 Hello All.
 
Here we are with a super fun challenge from the Daring Cardmakers.
 
If you go down to the woods today.....
 
 Enfys our lovely host this week has picked this really fun theme.
 
 Make a card using anything that conjures up the great outdoors - picnics, camping, woodland walks.
 
I went with owls.  I live in the middle of the countryside so we are surrounded by woodland and in the evenings you can often hear the owls.
 
 
For my card I first made the background and I created a sunset using some blue, pink and orange ink pads. I masked off the moon shape first before applying the ink and I then sprayed a little water over the top.  I added a silhouette of an owl sitting on some branches.  I used the owl builder punch from Stampin Up for this.

 
The little fire flies on the card are taken from the jar of love set also by Stampin Up.

 
I then used the stamp set from Indigoblu called nature I and stamped the image along the bottom.
 
I never got around to stamping a greeting as I wasn't sure what type of occasion my card related to.  I felt it covered a wide range so I just thought less is more on this one.
 
To me its a perfect summers dusk.
 
Have a lovely weekend and thanks for stopping by.
 

3 comments:

  1. Fun wee scene Dawn, love the little glowing fireflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scene you've created Dawn - brilliant! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous colours! Love this card Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete