Monday, December 4, 2017

Fa La La

 
Morning All.
 
I have a Spellblogger post from Spellbinders for you today.
 
 
 
I really love these silhouette style dies from Sharyn Sowell at Spellbinders so I had a play around.
 
This time I used the inlaid die technique.  I really can't believe I have never done this before so rather than having your die cut on the top or mounted onto foam squares. 
 
I inked up my background first and used the Shapeabilities Fa La La die and cut the shape.  I then used the same die and cut another image this time from white card stock and placed this back into the pre cut hole. 
 
 
Its rather fiddly as you need to stick back down all the tiny pieces from your die cut so I found that attaching an adhesive sheet to the back helped with this and you didn't get glue every where.

 
I made my design very simple and just inked up the background to create a kind of sky and had the Shapeabilities Fa La La Die as the main image.
 
 
 
I then used the Merry Christmas Stamp Set. I just stamped the greeting directing onto the card using black ink.

I also added some little sequins and snowflakes from Bubbly Funk Through The Letter Box.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today and please check out the website at Spellbinders for more details about the dies and stamps I have used on todays project.
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Love the blended background with the white die cut - a lovely, restful-looking card. Adhesive sheet is definitely the way to go with inlaid die cuts!

    ReplyDelete