Friday, May 25, 2018

Handmade Flowers







Happy Friday everyone and welcome to another fun challenge from Daring Cardmakers.


Its my turn to host this week.


 I have been having some work experience as part of my French course and I have been working along side a fantastic lady who makes paper flowers. Please check out some of her wonderful work over at Arty Abi. 




So I would like to see handmade paper flowers on your cards. This could be a punched flower or die cut but it has to be handmade.





I went for a fresh look with my card and thought it would be perfect perhaps for a wedding or an engagement.  I made three handmade flowers using the In Bloom punch from Fiskars.

I punched out several flowers from white card stock and inked the edges and the centres in pink.  I then sprayed them with a little water and scrunched them up.  I opened them out and added a brad to hold all the layers together.  I scrunched them up some more to get the look I wanted and left them to dry.



Once they were dried I added them to my card with a pearl in the centre.



For my greeting I used a die from Spellbinders called Simply Said Phrase Two.  I cut out several layers and glued them all together which made the sentiment stand out better against the white.

I then finished with a few sequins.

Thanks for stopping by today and please check out the Design Team over at Daring Cardmakers to see their wonderful handmade flowers.

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful handmade blooms Dawn - I'm afraid I've strayed from your brief ever so slightly on mine.....Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous wrinkly blooms Dawn and the white on white sentiment gives this a very classy look - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Dawn, this card is gorgeous. I love your lovely sprayed and scrunched up flowers. They look beautiful this pretty layout.

    ReplyDelete