Friday, October 30, 2020

Daring Cardmakers - Fireworks

Hello everyone and welcome to the weekly challenge from the team at the Daring Cardmakers. 

Here in France we have entered another lockdown.  A little bit different from the first time as the children are allowed to go to school and I am allowed to continue my French lessons.  So I will be trying to remain positive and continue to craft, inspire and share.  

The lovely Jenny is our host this week and as bonfire night is approaching in the UK, jenny would like to see some fire works on your cards.

Next week in the UK it's Guy Fawkes day or Bonfire Night on the 5th of November.  Guy Fawkes was part of the Gunpowder plot in 1605 which attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament .  The plot failed as someone warned the government and they caught them in the act and executed them for their crimes.  Traditionally we would celebrate by going to a firework display where we would burn a "guy" on a bonfire.  For those out of the UK don't panic, no guys are harmed, it's just a fake!  When I was a kid we used to get an old shirt and pair of trousers and tie the ankles and wrists with string before stuffing him with scrunched up newspapers and adding a balloon head.  So every year we remember poor Guy and his friends and their failed plot to bring down the government.

I really had to think hard with this challenge and searched through all my stamps until I found one that I could make look like a firework.

I eventually found what I thought was the perfect firework looking stamp in the Dress To Impress stamp set.  So I created a firework exploding back ground in lots of pretty subtle colours.

I then added a little unicorn stamp from the Hippo Happiness Bundle.  I thought fireworks, a little sparkle and a unicorn are a prefect mix for a magical card.

Thanks for stopping by today and please head over to the Daring Cardmakers Blog for more lovely inspiration from the Design Team.

Have a lovely weekend and stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment