Saturday, July 28, 2018

Christmas in July Continued

Hello everyone.

I am sharing today the last of my Christmas in July makes but I am sure I will be returning to Christmas very soon.

I have used the same stamp set as before, the Snowflake Sentiments Clear Mount set and also Lovely As A Tree both are from Stampin Up.

So for this card I wanted to create a winter scene.

I started by creating the sky by blending different shades of blue ink and a little bit of highland heather to the top of my card.  I then cut a little mask to use to make the snow drifts and inked up to this to where the sky ends.

I then inked above the mask where I wanted the snow banks to be.


Next I stamped my trees so that they looked like they were buried in the snow drifts.

To do this I place my mask over the area where the snow drift is and stamped the image.  As I had masked off the area the full image wasn't stamped and the trees look like they are in deep snow.


I did make a small mistake as I didn't leave a little gap and the tree at the back looked like it was floating.  So I had the idea of stamping the snow flakes over the background and one at the bottom of the tree where I made the mistake.  Problem solved. 

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you like my Christmas in July week?

More Christmas coming soon.

Please pop over to the Stampin up Website for more details and when placing an order please add me (Dawn Barwick), country (France), address (St Hernin) as your demonstrator.  






No comments:

Post a Comment