Monday, July 23, 2018

Snow Flurries

Good morning.

Its beginning to look like Christmas on my blog today.  I just love a bit of Christmas crafting and I knew I had to make a start on some of this years cards.

I wanted a simple design as I have to make a few for family and friends in the UK and I found the perfect set from Stampin Up called Snowflake Sentiments.

The snowflakes stamp so beautifully and the sentiments are just perfect.


To make the cards I started with a piece of white card stock and made my inky background together.  I blended two shades of ink together which were blushing bride and petal pink for one card.  For the other card I used balmy blue and pool party.  The inks I have used can be found in the Subtles Collection or you can buy them individually.


Once the background is dry you can begin to stamp.  I used the blushing bride and petal pink again and stamped the snowflakes all over the card.  Once these were dry I then used some versamark ink to stamp the larger snowflake from the set and used some gold embossing powder.


For the greeting I used the Stitched Shapes Framelit Dies and inked this up in the same way as the background.  I then used one of the sentiments from the set and again heat embossed this in gold.  I then added a few dimensionals to the back and attached this to the centre of the card.


I then changed the colour scheme on this card so I went with silver embossing powder and made this card in the same way as before.

I love untraditional colours for Christmas and the colours of these are just the thing.  I think I might create a whole rainbow using the inks from the Subtles collection.


Please pop over to the Stampin up Website for more details and when placing an order please add me (Dawn Barwick), country (France) as your demonstrator.  

Thanks for stopping by today.




















No comments:

Post a Comment