Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Peaceful Moments

Hello everyone.  

I just first want to take a moment to remember all the fallen hero's.

In ocean wastes no poppies blow,
No crosses stand in ordered row,
There young hearts sleep...beneath the wave...
The spirited, the good, the brave,
But stars a constant vigil keep,
For them who lie beneath the deep.
'Tis true you cannot kneel in prayer
On certain spot and think, "He's there."
But you can to the ocean go...
See whitecaps marching row on row;
Know one for him will always ride...
In and out...with every tide.

And when your span of life is passed,
He'll meet you at the "Captain's Mast."
And they who mourn on distant shore
For sailors who'll come home no more,
Can dry their tears and pray for these
Who rest beneath the heaving seas...
For stars that shine and winds that blow
And white caps marching row on row.
And they can never lonely be
For when they lived...they chose the sea.

The poem is called 'In Waters Deep' and was written by Eileen Mahoney 

And now for todays project.

  I wanted to use the poppies on a project but I decide to go with a general occasion not a remembrance card.

I created this card using the peaceful moments bundle and kept the card clean and simple. 

 I love the detailed die that comes in the bundle as this makes a lovely background to add the die cut poppies.

I added one of the large poppies to the centre and two of the smaller ones just underneath.


Thanks for stopping by today.

If you wish to place an order please add me as your demonstrator by heading over to the Stampin' Up! website.
Click FIND A DEMONSTRATOR
Click FIND A DEMONSTRATOR BY NAME
Add my full name DAWN BARWICK
Click SEARCH
Then select me at ST HERNIN, PENFRAT

You are now shopping with me
Or you can add me at the checkout before you pay for your order.


PRODUCTS USED




No comments:

Post a Comment