Friday, July 8, 2022

Daring Cardmakers - Cards With Attitude

Hello everyone and I hope you are having a good week.

Thanks for joining me today for another weekly challenge from the team at the Daring Cardmakers.

Kathy is our lovely host this week and would like to see some cards with attitude. 

So this means no regular flat cards.  Time to try something three dimensional or with a hidden pocket etc...

This was completely out of my comfort zone as I normally just make flat cards.


I have no idea what this type of card is called but I have see a few dotted about on social media.  It folds flat but once its open the card stands up and has a little pop up section in the middle.

If anyone knows what its called please leave me a comment.


I have used the Cup Of Tea Bundle to decorate the inside and the designer series paper I have used with the spots is called Tea Boutique.  The wood grain effect paper I have used on the base is from a retired pack and I do love a bit of wood effect paper on my creations.


I have used a simple colour palette of white and blue with pops of yellow and green.

For the card base I used a full sheet of 12x12" card stock and scored it at 6" on two sides to create four squares.  You then score on a diagonal to create the top sections and cut up just to the centre on the other 6" fold which will then allow you to fold the card up to be put in an envelope.


Thanks for stopping by today and please head over to the Daring Cardmakers Blog for more lovely inspiration from the Design Team.

Have a lovely weekend.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment