Friday, April 7, 2023

Daring Cardmakers - April Elemental Inspiration

Hello everyone and welcome to another weekly challenge from the team at the Daring Cardmakers.

Its my turn to host this weeks challenge.  Its an elemental inspiration challenge as its the beginning of the month.  I have picked the image below and you need to pick at least 3 elements from the picture to be used on your cards.

My daughter is into cottage core/fair grunge at the moment and wanted a birthday party along the same theme.  I am in desperate need of inspiration so I am hoping my challenge will help.


I have picked the colours, foliage, mushrooms, wooden number and woodgrain.


I had to do some searching to find a mushroom die and thankfully I found one I liked in a shop called Action.  Actually my daughter found it for me and it was a perfect size.  

I have also made my daughter a fairy lantern and a banner using the large mushroom.

I have bought some fake moss and a wood slice to display her cake/cupcakes on.  I am not really sure what else I could include so if you have any ideas please leave some in the comments.


When my children have a birthday I always love to personalise their cards, either with their names or ages.


I better get in gear and start creating some little party favours for her friends which I hope to include into the party décor.  I better get my thinking cap on.  I have bought some lady bird shaped chocolate so I hope to make a box for them.

Thanks for stopping by today and please head over to the Daring Cardmakers Blog for more lovely inspiration from the Design Team.

Have a lovely weekend and I would like to wish you all a very Happy Easter.



 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card for your daughter Dawn, the mushroom looks really striking. Could you add something to the cupcakes on cocktail sticks as in the photo? Mushrooms or grunge fairy wings might be good if you have them (maybe adapt butterfly or dragonfly wings?). Or even use those jumbo paperclips and add a die cut or image to the top to make bookmarks to put in with the favours? I did some years ago, I’ll link to them so you can see what the heck I’m talking about! https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/932977?&si=Angelnorth+kitchen&si=Angelnorth+kitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the ideas. I have now made some cupcake toppers using the large mushroom.

      Delete