Friday, June 15, 2018

Anything But White

Hello everyone.

Well that's it.  My French course is over and it was tough so lets bring on the summer holidays with the kids.  They still have a few weeks left but I am actually quite enjoying the peace and its giving me a bit more time to craft.

So this weeks challenge from Daring Cardmakers is brought to you by Joanne.

The challenge is called "Anything But White"  

Joanne would like to see anything but white for your card base/background.

This was a tough one for me as I usually use white for all my card bases.

So I had a think and used black card stock and gold embossing powder.

I started with a black card blank and added a square of black card stock.  To this I added this lovely flower stamp from Stampin Up called Wood Words.

I bought the stamp set in French as I though it would be lovely to make some cards with French sentiments on which will be nice to give to my French friends. 


I then inked up my stamp in clear versa mark and stamped the image twice.  I then added some gold embossing powder, heated this up and watched the magic.  I haven't heat embossed in such a long time and I actually forgot how much fun it is.

I then took some red card stock and stamped and embossed the image again and cut the flowers out and added them to my card using foam squares.


I then cut a strip of black card for my sentiment and again I stamped and heat embossed this.


I don't normally do cards like this but I do really like it and it looks clean and simple with a touch of elegance.

Thanks for stopping by today and please stop by the Daring Cardmakers blog for more lovely inspiration from the Design Team.




4 comments:

  1. Yes elegant was exactly the word that sprang to mind - this is lovely Dawn, glad it led to you rediscovering the joy of heat embossing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I need to use embossing powder more, its so much fun.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card Dawn- my heat embossing never looks so good. Hope you are enjoying some more free time now your course is over. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't wait to have a full day of crafting.

      Delete