Thursday, June 28, 2018

One Happy Day and a Mermaids Tail.

Good Morning all.

Today I am sharing with you a bit of Spellbinders and the lovely new Through The Letter Box kit from Bubbly Funk called One Happy Day.

While I was in England I made my annual visit to Hobby craft and picked up this lovely box frame which you can find HERE.


To create my picture I started with a square of white card and cut an square aperture into the centre.  I then added some designer paper from the beyond the shore pack from Trimcraft.  I also created some little waves to add to my picture.

I then used the Build A Mermaid die from Spellbinders and cut out the tail using the purple glitter paper from the One Happy Day kit.  I glued this upside down and in the waves.



Next I cut out the Mermaid from the die set using the same glitter paper and added one of the gems from the kit to her hair.  I also used the Tropics Wild and Free set from Spellbinders and Debbie Adams to create the leaves behind the mermaid.


To finish my box frame I added some gems that I already had which I picked up from a local store here in France called Gifi.  I also added lots of the purple sequins from the One Happy Day Box.

I love how this project has turned out and something completely different from me.  I think I will be making lots more of these especially now  Hobbycraft deliver to France.






Thanks for stopping by today.


4 comments:

  1. A beautiful project. The little mermaid is adorable and the sparkly gems are a perfect finishing touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning project Dawn - perfect for any female! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I think my little girl might like this one. x

    ReplyDelete