Friday, September 21, 2018

Beads

Hello everyone and happy Friday.

I hope you have all had a lovely week and its time to start the weekend with a lovely challenge from Daring Cardmakers and our host Miri.  

Miri would like to see beads used on your creations this week.

The Design Team have come up with some really creative uses but I stuck to my favourite style when using beads.

I have made a shaker card.


I thought the beads looked like those pretty decorative stones you can buy to put in a vase of flowers.

To make my card I used my trusted method of cutting several frames using the Jar Of Love stamp set from Stampin' Up!  I had to cut out about 6 layers for this card as the beads were a little thicker than sequins.


I also created a pretty background using the Timeless Textures stamp set also from Stampin' Up!


I didn't add a sentiment to my card as I thought this card would be perfect for lots of occasions.  I had to add a little sparkle as well so I included some gold heat embossing and a few sequins.

The beads and sequins I used came from the Hooked craft box available from Bubbly Funk.

Thanks for stopping by today and please check out the lovely creations from the Design Team over on the Daring Cardmakers Blog.

8 comments:

  1. I do love your shaker cards Dawn - this is no exception! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I just love making them. They are so much fun. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes! The beads look exactly like those decorative stones (or bubbles) for vases. A great shaker card !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty jar of flowers and background, love the shaker element.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nearly channeled you for this challenywith a shaker card but chickened out in the end! Yours is lovely, the beads make a great finishing touch for the cheerful flowers. I think it would make a great get well card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't stop making them. A get well card is a fabulous idea.

      Delete