Friday, September 14, 2018

Embossing

Happy Friday.

Its been a hard week for my children.  Both have been off school with colds.  They haven't been back long either.  Then every morning I drop off my youngest he cries and wants to say with me.  It breaks my heart when I have to leave him.  The teacher always tells me that a few minutes after I have gone he stops which makes me feel a little better.

So lets get to this weeks challenge from Daring Cardmakers.

Ruth is our lovely host this week and its all about embossing.  So Lets see some embossing techniques on your cards.


I used an embossing folder from Stampin' Up! called Pinewood Planks.  I coloured the surface of the embossing folder with ink first.  I then placed a piece of white card stock inside and ran this through my die cutting machine.  The ink creates this lovely effect. 


I then created a little wreath for my card using the tiny leaf stamp from the Lovely As A Tree set and added a little cockerel from the Wood Words stamp set both available from Stampin' Up!


I the heat embossed the little sentiment banner in gold.


I love this card so much and thought I would create a simple Christmas card.

This time I stamped the fir cone from the Lovely As A Tree onto a piece of white card stock and then ran this through my die cutting machine use the Pine Wood Planks folder.  I also added a few little red gems as its a Christmas card.


I then added a sentiment banner using the stamp set from Stampin' Up! called Making Christmas Bright.

I made both cards in a similar design but one for each of the upcoming seasons.

Please stop by the blog over at Daring Cardmakers to see how they used embossing on their creations this week.

Have a lovely weekend.



4 comments:

  1. The Pinewood Planks embossing folder looks great coloured with the wreath of leaves and cockerel, love the colour combinations. The clean and simple Christmas card is gorgeous.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how different you can make the same basic design look isn’t it? Two fab cards Dawn, love both of them - ingenious use of the little stamps from Lovely As a Tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Its the first time I have used these little leaf stamps and I have had the set for ages. x

      Delete