Friday, October 19, 2018

Apple Day

Hello Everyone.

I hope you have done lots of crafting this week.

Did you know that 21st October is Apple Day, so for this weeks challenge over at Daring Cardmakers Joanne our lovely host would like to see some tree fruit on your cards.  This could be apples, oranges, lemons etc...

I decided to use lemons.

I have this coffee and tea stamp set that I got free in a card making magazine and I hadn't used it.  So I thought how could I incorporate this stamp set with todays challenge.

Then I had a light bulb moment and I made the tea into lemon tea.  I am a tea drinker and I do like lemon tea especially in the summer.

To make the card I added some patterned paper to a card blank and layered a piece of white card stock over the top and allowed a border.  I then distress the edges and added a little bit of Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.

Next I stamped the coffee/tea stain rings in the bottom corner as I wanted the tea cup positioned just over the top.  I then added a little greeting.

Next I stamped the tea cup onto some patterned paper and paper pieced the tea inside and coloured this in.

I then die cut the slice of lemon from a Spellbinders die called Make Mine A Lemon and inked the edges slightly.  I also added the little flower from the same set to the edge of the saucer.

I finished the card with some die cut steam which also came from the magazine freebie.

Thanks for stopping by today and please check out the creations from the Design Team over at Daring Cardmakers.  

Come and join in the fun.

4 comments:

  1. Clever use of your new stamp set Dawn - it's great when you can use new products in a challenge isn't it?! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I have had this set for months but just hadn't used it and I was desperate to get my hands on it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those tea related stamps and the fruit dies. Beautiful lemon tea card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The set also came with a take away coffee mug. x

      Delete