Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Ink Blending Ideas

Welcome back everyone.

I am super excited today as I am in full swing of prepping for an ink blending workshop tomorrow.

I have made a few sample cards for my class to show the group how to make blended backgrounds using all our lovely inks from Stampin' Up!

I thought I would share one of cards I plan to make.  I want my class to feel confident using the inks so I figured a messy background was a great one to start with.


To make the card I started with a square of white card stock and began to ink blend from the outside edge.  I thought these colours gave my card a bit of an aurora borealis feel.

I inked up my blending tool first then stamp a little bit off  it first.  I prefer to do this as you can always add more ink later.



The inks I used are Dapper Denim which is in the clearance rack, Highland Heather and Pear Pizzazz.

I then used the Snowflake Sentiments and Lovely As A Tree stamp sets to create the images.

I heat embossed the trees and some of the snowflakes in white.  I then stamped some in dapper denim and added a sentiment.


This card I did in the same way but I stamped in black ink the row of winter trees through the middle of the card.


I then added a few sequins from my own stash as I always need to add a bit of bling especially when its for Christmas.

Thanks for stopping by today and please check me out on Facebook and Instagram.  Just click the links down the side.

Please pop over to the Stampin up Website for more details and when placing an order please add me (Dawn Barwick), country (France), address (St Hernin) as your demonstrator


Products Used













No comments:

Post a Comment