Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Two Cards - One Design

Hello Everyone.

I spend quite a bit of time on U Tube and Pinterest and I am always on the look out for a new technique to try.  When I came across this fun technique from Jennifer McGuire Ink I thought I just need to try this.

You can find the full tutorial HERE or check out the website at Jennifer McGuire Ink

I made two cards using the same background.

To do this you need to take a piece of white card stock and cover it in lots of coloured ink.

Make sure the ink is completely dry before stamping.

Next take a large background stamp and stamp this all over in versamark ink and then sprinkle some clear embossing powder over the top and heat set this.

I used the Timesless textures stamp set.

Next you need to spray your inked background generously with water using your Stampin Spritzer.

Take another piece of cardstock in the same size, place this on top and put the two pieces of card stock through your Big Shot.

The pressure from your Big Shot will push the ink onto the other piece of card stock.

You will be then left with a print which is a little more washed out but very pretty.  You can also see the  stamped image which is just white.

I then used the backgrounds to create a couple of cards.

For this card I used the Follow Your Dreams Bundle.





I then used the Broadway Birthday Bundle

To get the best results for your inked backgrounds try to use brighter colours as the print you will get is a lot softer.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

If you like what you have seen and wish to place an order please head over to the Stampin Up Website and when making your order please add me (Dawn Barwick), country (France), address (St Hernin) as your demonstrator.


Products Used











No comments:

Post a Comment