Friday, December 7, 2018

December Elemental Inspiration - Daring Cardmakers

Its Friday and challenge time over at Daring Cardmakers.

Its the first Friday of the month which means its an Elemental Inspiration challenge.

Christmas is getting closer and hopefully we will be putting our Christmas tree up at the weekend.


Such a lovely festive picture and remember to choose at least 3 elements to include on your creation.

I picked the Christmas tree, snowflakes (from the tree decorations), a ribbon bow and some of the colours.


I had to have the tree as my main focus and I decided to try something new.  I am not to sure what the correct name is but I wanted to create a spotlight or halo effect around my tree.  I decided to ink around the edges and gradually make the ink lighter as it reaches the centre of the card using a blending tool.

I then stamped some snowflakes around the edge in blue and brown.  I also heat embossed some others in white and lightly rubbed my versamark pad along the edge and added more white embossing powder.  In some places the embossing powder stuck to the coloured ink but I actually like the effect it gave.

I also splattered the card with some pearl ink and added a few sequins.

I finished my card with a tiny bow to dress the tree.

Thanks for stopping by today and please check out the Daring Cardmakers Blog for more lovely inspiration from the Design team.

No comments:

Post a Comment