Friday, December 14, 2018

Snowflakes Falling

Happy Friday everyone.

Its challenge time over at Daring Cardmakers.

This week you need to create a card with falling snow.

You could perhaps use lots of snowflakes on your card, a snowman or create a winter scene.

For my card I created a winter scene and used the very gorgeous Lovely As A Tree from Stampin Up.


To create the card I started with a piece of white cardstock and used the Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder also from Stampin' Up!

Next I die cut an oval using the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies to create a wintery scene. 

I took a piece of torn paper and created a mask to create the winter sky.  I just blended a couple of colours of ink together.  I then moved the mask to create little snow banks and I just inked very lightly.

I then placed the mask back where I had inked and stamped the trees using black ink.


I also wanted to create a focal point to my card and I can't have Christmas without a bit of sparkle so I stamped the fir tree using versamark ink and added some copper embossing powder and heat set this.


Thanks for stopping by today and please stop by the Design Team over on the Daring Cardmakers Blog and check out more lovely inspiration.

Have a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card, wonderful winter scene created.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created a beautiful scene Dawn. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete