Friday, February 1, 2019

DCM - Elemental Inspiration


Its February!

Where did last month go?

We have a fabulous Elemental Inspiration challenge for you over at Daring Cardmakers.

Our lovely host is Joanne who has picked the picture below.

You need to choose three elements to create your card.


For my card I picked hearts (the buttons are arranged in a heart shape), colours and nail varnish.


To create the card I started with the background and used a lovely stamped set from Stampin' Up! called Wood Words.  I also used the Stamaratus from Stampin' Up! to line up the hearts.

I used two shades of pink for the background called Lovely Lipstick and Blushing Bride.

Next I created the little nail varnish pots.  I had an old punch from Stampin' Up! which is an owl.  If you cut off the feet and ears it sort of resembles a pot of nail varnish.  I used some coloured glitter card for these to match the blues in the image.


I then finished with a stamp greeting which is from a set called Perennial Birthday.

Thanks for stopping by today and please check out all the lovely inspiration from the Design Team over on the Daring Cardmakers Blog.

Have a lovely weekend.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely design Dawn! I'm glad you're loving your stamp positioner. I'd be lost without mine now, I use it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and I can't believe I waited this long to get one. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, clever use of the owl punch to make the nail polish bottles Dawn! Love your take on this, girly and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think I will hide this one and keep it for my daughters 10th birthday.

      Delete