Monday, January 14, 2013

Just a hint of Red

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Just thought I would make a quick post of a little card I made over the weekend using a stamp set from Annabelle Stamps which you can find HERE.


I tried to use just a little red just to make the card stand out,  I paper pieced her dress and added some glossing accents to her boots and hair band.  I wanted her boots to look like wellies.  I then inked up all the edges of my background papers in black.

 
The little girl had a kite in her hand which I then cut off and I thought she looked like she was waving.

Its something a bit different for me as my cards usually have a lot of colour.

Have a great week!!!




9 comments:

  1. Beautiful,love the image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card,Dawn! Love the stamps you used and your injection with a bit of red colour works very well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. It's so delicate and so cute. Fab card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Dawn. I have not seen this lovely image before.
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Dawn...great layout and image x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty card - cute image xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that pop of red and black against the white background! Very eye-catching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card and great layout .. love the hint of red ... :)
    xx
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card....I love the image and colours you've used too chick. xxx

    ReplyDelete