Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Before the Summer Ends

Hello All.
 
I hope you are enjoying your summer.  The summer holidays are soon going to be over and we will be thinking about going back to school so I just wanted to squeeze in one more summer themed project.

 
 
I created this card using the Tropics Wild and Free set by Debi Adams at Spellbinders.  I cut the pineapple from gold glitter card and the tropical leaves from different coloured green card stock.

 
I then wanted to create a beach background so I use some coloured ink to create the sky and beach.  To frame the beach scene I used Marvelous Squares set from Spellbinders but unfortunately this set is now discontinued but any die that allows you to create a frame will work.

 
To create the embossed background I used the Blistered Embossing Folder by Tammy Tutterow and added some gold gliding wax to it.
 
I then added the sentiment in black which is from the set called Simply Said Phrase Two.
 
To finish I added some sequins.
 
For more details about the dies I have used please stop by the Spellbinders website.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful creation Dawn - love the tropical feel to it! Summer is not over in my book, not until the frost starts.......ha! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete