Saturday, December 9, 2017

Bubbly Funk Through The Letter Box

Hello All,
 
 
 
WOW what a stunning box of goodies in this months Bubbly Funk Through The Letter Box.
Its full of sparkle and stars.  Two of my favourite things to craft with.
 
Here is the contents of Decembers Box.
 
 
Lots and lots of sparkle.

 
We have two sheets of glitter letters. die cut stars and a star stencil and some washi tape.
 

 
Lots of ribbon and trim.

 
This bag contains some tags, wooden stars and some plastic stars.

 
Some beautiful fabric and look at that lovely silver trim.

 
And finally your surprise bag and of course I enjoyed my cup of tea.
 
So for this weeks project I wanted to make use of the tags.  Since I attended a tag making class I wanted to put what I had learnt to good use.

 
First of all I inked up the tag to look like a night sky.  I started in the centre using a light blue then blended in a dark blue and around the edges I used a black.

 
I  used the stencil from the kit and some white ink to make the stars using a sponge dauber.
I also watered down some liquid pearls and splattered that all over my tag using a tooth brush.  I got in a bit of mess doing this as it flicked every where.  This gave my tag even more shimmer.

 
In the kit you will also find these lovely die cut glitter stars which are in different sizes.  So I added these to my tag along with some of the sparkle trim.  Which I have to say is my favourite and I have used it on other projects which I will share throughout December.
 
For my greeting I used a die from Spellbinders called Make A Wish and I cut this from several pieces of white card and blue glitter card and stuck them all together to add a bit of dimension.
 
 
 To finish my tag I added some of the ribbon and one of the star charms from the kit.
 
Thanks for stopping by today and please check out Bubbly Funk for details of Decembers Through The Letter Box.  Also please stop by the BLOG for more wonderful inspiration from the Design Team.
 
 

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Stunning tag Dawn. I love the inky background and your die cuts look fabulous too. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete