Friday, October 14, 2016

Christmas is Coming

Hello All.
 
We have had some beautiful weather here in France.  I love it when the air is fresh and the sky is clear and the colours of the leaves are just beautiful.
 
So todays card is rather festive again.  I love the inspiration that Merry Monday give you each week to help with the Christmas card stash.

This weeks challenge is a vintage/retro theme.

 
I made a box frame card.  So I then made it into a huge shaker card and added loads of sequins.
The image inside I thought looked very retro, the reindeer reminded me of those sweet little 1950's style ornaments.  The picture is from a set of papers from My Minds Eye called sugar plum which I bought from Hey Little Magpie. 

 
I then created a shadow effect on the word peace by die cutting it twice and sticking it together slightly off set.


I then added a little jingle bell to the letter P with a piece of twine.


Have a lovely day


4 comments:

  1. WOW...this is an amazing card Dawn!! I love the box frame, and then that it is a shaker card too! Beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the softness of this card - I've never seen a box frame card before - it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful 'soft' card Dawn, fabulous you made it into a shaker card - it's very 'peaceful'

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing, Dawn! A beautiful image and the framing and sequin shaker are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete