Saturday, February 4, 2017

February Elemental Inspiration

Hello everyone.
 
Wow hasn't it gone fast since Christmas and I cant believe we are into February.
 
Its the beginning of the month which means its Elemental Inspiration over at Daring Cardmakers but first we have sad and happy news to share this week. We are sad to say that Purvi is leaving us as work and family commitments are getting in the way of crafting time, but you never know, she may be back.....
The good news is that having spent a few weeks with us Shabneez is now joining our permanent  DT member, so we will see more of her fab cards.
This week we are very happy to welcome a new Guest Designer, 


has been a friend of The Daring Cardmakers for a long time and its lovely to be able to show her cards on our blog for a few weeks.
 
Here is this months elemental inspiration image.
 
 
Lots of lovely elements to pick this week.
 
Here is my card.
 
 
The elements I have picked are the pocket watch, colours and gear/cogs
 
 
I used a cogs and gears embossing folder from Tim Holtz for the background which I then inked up in tea dye and a bit of teal.
 
I then die cut all the cogs/gears from a mixture of copper and gold mirror card.
 
The die cut pocket which is from Xcut which I cut from some strange coloured foiled card.  I have no idea where it came from as a crafty friend gave it to me.
 
Don't forget to check out the Design Team Blogs for more lovely inspiration.
 
Kathy

 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Absokutely love your take on the Challenge. The card is perfect. What more can I say? Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, great card, Dawn! Love it! (You guessed that, didn't you?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab, Dawn! Love all the texture here and the muted tones look great with the bit of "oomph" from the metallics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn, this is fantastic. The colours are so perfect and I love all your embellishmenta

    ReplyDelete