Friday, June 2, 2017

June Elemental Inspiration

Hello and I hope you are having a fabulous Friday.
 
Well its the beginning of June and that means its elemental inspiration challenge time over at Daring Cardmakers.
 
Such a lovely inspirational picture choice from our host this week, Shabneez.
 
Remember you need to use at least 3 elements from the image on your card.
 

 
For my card the elements that I picked are:
 
cake, ice lolly/pop, colours, sunset and the box layout.

 
To create my background I used a water colour brush pen and just swished some colours over the paper.  I used a selection of ink pads from Stampin Up.  I just pressed the ink into the lid of the pad and picked a little up on my brush.

 
I then used the stitched framelit dies from Stampin Up to create the squares and used the negative space to show my background through.

 
To create the cupcake and ice lolly I used the sets called Die D-Lites Sweet Set Etched Dies and Die D-Lites Chill Etched Die from Spellbinders.

 
A sweet and summery card from me this week as its fast approaching the summer holidays and I cant wait to go away with the kids for a break.
 
Have a great weekend and don't forget to stop by the Design Team Blogs for more lovely inspiration.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. You've done a great job in using so many elements on your card - it's fab Dawn! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Dawn, you've captured all the different elements so well. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful! I like how you put the different elements on the squares. Especially the sunsets are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab take on the inspiration pic Dawn, love the background wash and the use of the apertures to show it!

    ReplyDelete