Friday, July 28, 2017

Welcome to Wonderland

Hello Crafters.
 
Such an exciting challenge this week at Daring Cardmakers.  On 28th July 1951 Disney's Alice In Wonderland premiered in the US.  So this weeks dare is to make a card based on the theme of wonderland or one of the characters.
 
 
Just sharing a little bit of local history from where I once lived.  This is a hotel that Lewis Carroll often visited in Whitby which is only a few miles from where I grew up in the North East of England.

 
I went with a tea party theme to match the Mad Hatters Tea Party and with an "Eat Me" cake that Alice took a bite from to make her grown very tall.
 
 

 
I stamped the little cupcake on to cream card stock and coloured the icing and cake with promakers.  I then paper pieced the bottom of the cupcake with some pretty striped paper to look like a cupcake case.  I added a little eat me label using the Die D-Lites Spring Time set from Spellbinders.

 
I created the bunting using the Die D-Lites Sweet Set from Spellbinders and cut out the smallest size bunting from some pretty spotty paper and added a little bit of twine to the ends.

I then used the Nestabilities Celebrations Pierced Circles to create the layout for my card.
 
For the greeting I die cut this from kraft card stock using Simply Said Phrase one set.
 
 
 
I created this card using the sketch challenge over at Sugar Pea Designs.
 

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the Design Team blogs for more inspiration.
 
Hop over to the Spellbinders website to check out the details of the dies I have used.

 

 




 

5 comments:

  1. Love all the history from your home town Dawn. Fab card - perfect for the challenge! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tea-party take on the theme, especially the bunting. This so reminds me of a lovely day we spent on Jersey with an outdoor tea-party that felt like it had fallen straight out of Wonderland. Thanks for recalling that day for me!
    And of course: thanks also for taking us back in time for a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the way you've interpreted this theme. Your card is so pretty, fabulous papers. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card Dawn, thanks for sharing your back story. Thank you for joining us at SugarPea Designs this month!

    ReplyDelete