Friday, July 14, 2023

Daring Cardmakers - Christmas In July

 Hello everyone and welcome to the weekly challenge from the team at the Daring Cardmakers.

I am hosting the challenge this week and I am so excited about this one as I have been waiting all year to craft for Christmas.  

So lets get ready for the festive season and share your Christmas in July Projects.

As I was so excited I created two projects using the same die set.


I have used the Parcel and Post die set from Spellbinders along with the matching stamps.  I love that you can buy the Christmas add on die set that comes with all the festive elements.  You even get an envelope stamp and a small envelope die.  I did stick with the traditional red post box but as I live in France I thought it would be fun to make a yellow version in the future.


I then created a second card but this time I didn't use the post box just some of the festive elements and framed the sentiment.


I have seen lots of cards on Pinterest lately that have dark coloured backgrounds which I love, so I thought I would give that a go and used a colour called shaded spruce from Stampin Up.  Even the name of the card stock sounds festive.


For both cards I added a bit of interest by using embossing folders for the backgrounds and of course I added some sparkle.

Thanks for stopping by today and please head over to the Daring Cardmakers Blog for more lovely inspiration from the Design Team.

Have a great weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment