Monday, May 8, 2017

May Elemental

Hello All,
 
I am little late with this weeks post for Daring Cardmakers as both my children have been ill over these last few days.  So lots of cuddles were needed and not much sleep had by us all.

 
Its the beginning of the month which means its elemental inspiration time over at Daring Cardmakers.
 
 
Just look at the beautiful picture.  Isn't it just stunning?



 
Remember you need to pick at least three elements from the image to create your card.
 
So much to choose from but I went with the colours, butterflies, gems, glass jar and I used some silver thread to match the necklace chain.
 
 
 
I used the butterfly squeeze punch from Fiskars and cut them from glittered card.
 
I then used the Jar of love stamp set from Stampin up to stamp the jar and the foliage.  I then added a few flowers punched from white card using the daisy lever punch from Fiskars and added a little sequin to the centre.

 
 
I finished my card by adding a little bit of silver thread to the top of the jar.
 
I hope you can stop by the Design Team blogs to see what they created using this months elemental inspiration picture.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Dawn, I love the glittery butterflies. I hope everyone is better now. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dawn, what a lovely card. It's just soooo delicate and pretty. The silver threads are an inspired detail, I bet they really catch the light

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, fresh card, Dawn. Love all the detail! (The glittery butterflies are my favourite bit.)

    ReplyDelete