Friday, November 10, 2017

Warm Woollen Mittens

Good Morning.
 
I love this time of year.  The Christmas movies are starting and the adverts begin.  I love the Paddington Bear one for Marks & Spencer so far.
 
And the Christmas crafty countdown continues over at Daring Cardmakers
 
The weeks challenge is called
 
Warm Woollen Mittens
 
We would like to see some sort of warm winter clothing on your cards this week.
 
 
I used this fabulous paper that I picked up from my local craft shop.  Its covered in Christmas jumpers and mittens.

 
I then also decided to combine my card with a few products from Spellbinders as I wanted to make my card fun. 
 
I used the Die D-Lites Candy Cane from Spellbinders.  I cut this from red mirror card and then cut another from white glitter card.  I then inserted the white pieces back into the cane to look like the stripes.  I also added the little bow that comes in the set.

 
For the sentiment I used Die D-Lies Ho Ho Ho.  I cut the words from green mirror card stock.  To add a little texture to my card, which I thought could be some sort of warm material I used the embossing folder called  Horse Hair by Tammy Tutterow.  I embossed this onto some kraft card stock.
 
A super fun and bright festive card from me today and please check out what the Design Team members created over on the Daring Cardmakers blog.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Dawn. The papers are stunning- such a great find! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun paper and the candy cane looks great in mirror and glitter finishes!

    ReplyDelete