Friday, March 2, 2018

Daring Cardmakers - March Elemental Inspiration

Hello Everyone.
 
Its my last day on  work experience at my local stationery and craft supplies shop as part of my French language course.  I am shattered.  I think I will be glad to back in the class room learning French. 
 
I even scared a few people away during my first week as I was full of cold and lost my voice.
 
We have a lovely elemental inspiration challenge this week at Daring Cardmakers.
 
Our host Miri has picked this gorgeous mood board.  I hope it helps with all your Spring creations and remember to use at least 3 elements.
 
 
For my card I picked the sunflowers, colours and geometric shapes inspired by the lampshade.
 
I started with a square of white card and I embossed this using a chicken wire design embossing folder.  Then I die cut lots of hexagons from some pretty patterned paper and added this to the bottom of my card.

 
 
I then used this gorgeous Shapeabilities Create A Sunflower Die from Spellbinders.  Each "create a flower die" from Spellbinders all come with easy to follow instructions.  You just die cut and start gluing.
 
 
I then added a few pearls and this little black and gold sentiment sticker.

 
I think I will be using this little die a lot more as it makes a lovely statement piece for your creations.

 
Have a great day and please stop by the Daring Cardmakers blog to check out more lovely inspiration from the Design Team.
 
 



4 comments:

  1. That’s a lovely sunflower die and it would make a pretty daisy as well. Lovely card Dawn! Hope your cold has cleared up and you’re full of enthusiasm once your back but the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Dawn. I love the way your embossing echoes your paper hexagons and the sunflower is beautiful. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Dawn! Love that sunflower (my favourite), it must have taken ages to cut out and put together... And I also love the hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card looks great! Especially the 3D sunflower is so beautiful.
    It's great to hear that you faced the challenge of speaking French in a real life setting. My friend moved to France for half a year to brush up her French ... you are brave ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete