Friday, May 15, 2020

Daring Cardmakers - Keep it in the family.

Hello everyone and I hope everyone is well.

Its Friday and challenge time from the team at Daring Cardmakers.  Joanne is our lovely host this week and has picked a theme about family as its international family day.

Joanne would like you to create a card to celebrate families.  It could be a card to welcome and new baby, something to mark a special relationship with a family member or an image representing family.  Show us what family means to you.

As you know I lost my Dad to cancer last year so I decided to make a card for him.  I might write something special inside this card and place it in my little keepsake box about my Dad.

My Dad was my hero and a very big influence in my life.  One of those influences was his love for the sea and the Royal Navy which is why I went with this card and also why I served myself.

I love to make shaker cards and my Dad loved to receive a handmade card from me.  I decided to combine my favourite technique and one of my favourite stamp and die sets.

I made a shaker card using the Sailing Home Bundle from Stampin Up.

I bought this stamp and die set last year specifically to make cards for my Dad but he passed away before I could send him a card made using it.

This stamp and die set will always hold a special place in my heart.

I also created a little inky background to my card to look like a sunset.  I framed the shaker section using the rope and knot die and used the Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder.


Thanks for stopping by today and please check out more lovely inspiration from the team over on the Daring Cardmakers Blog.

Happy Crafting.

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful card, Dawn! I'm very sure that your dad would have loved it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful card Dawn, the rope and knot framing help to make the image and inky sunset even more special. I think it would be a lovely idea to write it and put it in your keepsake box - a way to send a card to your dad with the set he didn't have chance to see.

    ReplyDelete