Friday, July 17, 2020

Daring Cardmakers - Frida Kahlo/Mexican Theme

Hello everyone.

Welcome to the Friday challenge from the team at Daring Cardmakers. 

 The lovely Svenja is our host this week and would like to see a Frida Kahlo or a Mexican Theme on your creations this week.  Think bold colours and strong eyebrows.  

So as all the images of Frida Kahlo show beautiful big flowers in her hair I went with that as inspiration for my card.

I did tone down the colours and went with shades of blue but this card would look amazing with bright pink flowers.
I used the Peaceful Moments Bundle from Stampin Up to create the flowers and add a bit of gold for an added touch of glamour.

I also used the Brick and Mortar embossing folder to create the background on some grey granite cardstock.
Thanks for stopping by today and please head over to the Daring Cardmakers Blog for more inspiration from the fabulous Design Team.

Have a lovely weekend.




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowrs and that's a lovely small-scale brick folder - great card Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours, I love the blue against the brick and I think the pink would be so pretty too. Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful take on the theme! Love it!

    ReplyDelete