Friday, April 30, 2021

Daring Cardmakers - Vellum

 Hello everyone.

After a very long break from the Daring Cardmakers I am back to share this weeks challenge, which is one that I am hosting.

So for this weeks challenge I would love to see some vellum on your cards, it can be a little or a lot.  I don't use vellum very often so this was a good challenge for me.

I decided to use the gorgeous Celebrate Sunflowers stamp and die bundle.  I cut the top layer of the sunflower from vellum along with some of the foliage.  I then inked up the layer underneath to allow a little of the yellow to show through.

I also stamped the sunflower to create a lovely simple background to the card and added a sentiment.  I finished the card with a few of the Flower For Every Season gems.

I really do love the look of this card and stepped out of my comfort zone to use the vellum.  I am now feeling inspired to use vellum a little bit more in my creations.

Please stop by the Daring Cardmakers Blog for more lovely inspiration from the Design Team.

Have a lovely weekend.




6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Dawn! And the yellow gives a nice cheer to your elegant card - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Dawn, the vellum really enhances the soft "glow" of the yellow flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card, your sunflower is really quite striking made with vellum, almost like frosted glass, love it. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete