Friday, January 26, 2018

Coffee Inspired

Hello Everyone.
 
I have just spent the morning sorting out some paperwork that I need for a course I am starting on Monday.  I have finally decided enough is enough and learning French isn't something that I am just going to pick up.  So I have taken the plunge right into the deep end and signed up for a full time French course, 7 hours a day, 5 days a week.
 
I am very nervous about it as the course is also design to help you find work, interview techniques and write your CV.
 
I am still hoping it gives me time to craft in between studying as I find crafting very relaxing.
 
So wish me luck.
 
I have a coffee inspired card to share with you this afternoon.  Something I know I will need lots of come next week.
 
 
I decided to try something different and I bought a new stencil from my local craft shop.  I used a couple of different shades of blue ink and applied this to the stencil to create my background.

 
I then stamped the sentiment in black over where I had stencilled using the Coffee, Yes Please stamp set from Paper Sweeties.

 
I then stamped the cup from the same set onto some wood effect paper and applied the stencil pattern to this.  I then used the matching Sweet Cuts Set also from Paper Sweeties to cut out the mug and the steam.

 
I then finished my card with a few sequins.

 
I really love the clean and simple look at the moment but I still have to add some sparkle somewhere otherwise my cards just don't look finished.
 
 
This card is for the challenges at:
 
 
and
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and happy weekend to you all.
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Love your creation Dawn - I'm a fan of stencils! Good luck with the course. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Dawn, the stencilling looks fabulous. Good luck with your course, I think immersion in French will really help. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Dawn, love the stenciling! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays and good luck with the French!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - great white space, but plenty of detail! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge for our "More Coffee Please" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how CAS your card is yet there's a lot of texture to it. Great card!

    ReplyDelete