Monday, January 22, 2018

Mermaid Wishes

 
Good morning Spellbinder Fans.
 
 
 
I have another Spellblogger project to share with you today and I couldn't wait to play with this sweet little Build A Mermaid die.
 
Its a fantastic set as you get to choose the colour of her hair, tail fin etc..  As all the parts are separate dies even her little sea shell top.
 
 
 
When I received this die I had the idea of making a under the sea themed card and I just had to turn it into a shaker card.
 
 
I started with a white square of card and cut an aperture into this.  To keep my sequins safe inside my shaker I cut of several square frames to fit the aperture and then glued them all together.  Usually about 6 or 8 depends on how big your sequins are.
 
 For my under the sea scene I inked up the background using a blue and green ink pad and then ran this through my platinum machine using the Blistered Embossing Folder from Tammy Tutterow at Spellbinders.  I then die cut the Sandcastle from copper mirror card and glued that to my inky background.

 
I am now ready to assemble my shaker part.  I glued the frames over my inky under sea ground and added some sequins I then glued the square of plastic over the top to secure my sequins inside.
 
I still wanted to create more of a undersea effect so I added a little piece of vellum.  I then placed my square of card that I cut with the aperture in over the top and added some foam squares to stick it in place to my base card.
 

Now I got to have fun with the cute Mermaid.  I die cut all the parts I needed and I coloured her hair using promarkers and added the details to her face.  I then finished with a few leaves from the Tropics Wild and Free by Debi Adams at Spellbinders.
 

I really enjoyed making this card as I just love making shaker cards.  They just add that fun element to a card and of course all the added the sparkle.
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely week.
 

Please check out the website at Spellbinders for all the details about the dies I have used.





 
 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Dawn, such a fun design. I need a mermaid die...! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. The mermaid would go great with the first edition papers, beyond the shore.

      Delete
  2. This is so sweet and cute Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love mermaids and your creation is brilliant! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete