Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Ink Blending Workshop - How to create a reflection

Hello everyone.

Todays post is about the amazing workshop I held last week with a very talented group of crafters.

We all made inky blended backgrounds with snowy scenes and we also tried the reflection technique.

For todays post I thought I would start with the reflection technique.


To create the card I started with a piece of white card stock and started with blending balmy blue at the top.  Next I used highland heather, pear pizzazz and then for the pool of water I used pool party. All these inks are from the subtles collection.

When inking the background take into consideration where you stamped image will be placed in order to blend the ink in the right places.  As I inked the background I placed the stamp alongside to check the position.


Next I stamped the row of trees using black ink.  

To create the reflection take a piece of window sheet/acetate and stamp the image onto it.  Then turn it over and line the image up with what you have already stamped.  Next lightly rub your finger over the window sheet like you would if you were applying a transfer.  

The image will transfer onto your inked background but a touch lighter which creates a sort of reflection.


I then finished my card with a little sentiment strip.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed this technique.

Please pop over to the Stampin up Website for more details and when placing an order please add me (Dawn Barwick), country (France), address (St Hernin) as your demonstrator.

Products Used











No comments:

Post a Comment