Friday, October 11, 2019

Daring Cardmakers - Use Up Your Scraps

Its Friday and Challenge time over at Daring Cardmakers.

Miri is our host this week and would like you to use up those scraps.

Are there some papers etc.. you want to use up before the new year?  Is there a paper pad that is lying around since forever?  Is your scrap box overflowing?  Do you have a collection of coloured stamped images that never fit on your current projects?  Show us what you create with scraps and papers that you want rid of.

I think I took this challenge very seriously.  I had the most gorgeous papers to use and once I had finished a card I had a tiny scrap left over.  There was no way I was going to put this piece in the bin as it was big enough to fit a die and did I mention how pretty the paper is?

The papers have a photo realistic snow scene on one side and the most gorgeous silver foiling on the reverse.

The papers I have used are called Feels Like Frost and they are just stunning so every piece needs to be made into a card somehow.

I used the Stitched Rectangle Dies to form the card base design and also to cut out my scrap.
I then used the stamp set called Making Christmas Bright to create the star wreaths.

I also used another Christmas stamp and punch bundle called Perfectly Plaid.

I finished my card with some pretty sequins.

Thanks for stopping by today and please check out how the Design Team used in their scraps over on the Daring Cardmakers Blog.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Dawn. I'm the same as you hoarding beautiful pieces of paper I can't bear to part with. Love your creation using the scrap. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh ... it definitely is such a beautiful piece of paper! It deserves to be the focal point of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these papers and its so shiny, none of it had gone to waste.

    ReplyDelete