Friday, August 24, 2018

Back To School

Hello everyone its my turn to host the challenge over at Daring Cardmakers.

I have picked the theme of back to school.  I know its a little early but in some parts of the world the children have already gone back.

I would like to see something school related on your cards, books, alphabet, desks, etc... Lets celebrate the children and all those wonderful teachers.

For my card I went with a chalkboard, the alphabet and of course gold stars.  Who remembers as a child getting the little stars in your work books if you had done a good job?  

I have lots of lovely memories from school and made some life long friends.


To make the chalkboard effect I die cut a square of black card and added a couple of sentiments to tell my children how great they are.  I heat embossed these in white and I then took some white ink using a sponge dauber and just dotted it about on the card.  It sort of looks like the chalkboard has just been wiped.


I then added the alphabet in primary colours and added some die cut gold mirror card stars.

Thanks for stopping by today and please check out the challenge over at Daring Cardmakers and see what the Design Team came up with to inspire you.

Have a lovely weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Love the gold stars, blackboard effect and the splash of colour from the alphabet, a brilliant "Back To School" card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had to include the stars, its something I remember from school.

      Delete
  2. Great back to school card Dawn - just perfect. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave it to the kids today and they were very pleased. But we had lots of tears from Daniel this morning. x

    ReplyDelete