Friday, August 10, 2018

Lets Go Nautical


Its Friday which means its a Daring Cardmakers challenge and this week our lovely host is Shabneez.

Shabneez would like to see something nautical on your creations.

As I have done quite a few cards with my Dad in mind with him been ex Royal Navy I thought this time I would make my card appeal to the younger generation.

I went for an under the sea theme.


I have used this very cute die set from Spellbinders called Die D-Lites Sea Animals.

To make the card I started with a square of white card stock and cut an aperture into it.  I then inked behind it to look like an undersea scene and added some sea weed using a die from the Die D-Lites Succulent Garden also from Spellbinders.


I then cut out the sea animals from white card stock and coloured them using different colours of ink.


I then finished my card with a few drops of glossy accents to look like bubbles.

Thanks for stopping by today and please stop by the Design Team blogs over at Daring Cardmakers for more lovely inspiration.




8 comments:

  1. Such a cute scene and I love the fact there are four critters for a fourth birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 4 sea critters was a complete fluke, I didn't see that. Now I am laughing to myself. I was thinking it would make a great theme for my sons next birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, I love the scene you've created. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card for a younster. Wonderful underwater scene created with the sea creature dies and gorgeous colours.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the underwater creation Dawn - my boys would love it! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete