Saturday, August 25, 2018

Ship In A Bottle (Jar)

Hello everyone and welcome to the weekend.

Just stopping by with a card that I made using my favourite stamp and die set from Stampin Up called Jar Of Love.

I made this card with my Dad in mind.  He has been through a lot lately.  Rounds of chemotherapy, many visits to the doctors, nurses visits, injections and now cancer has won the battle.  We are all very proud of him he has had the disease for 7 years and fought very bravely.  Now he is trying to live out what time he has left to the best he can.

I remember as a child Dad saying he wanted to learn how to make ships in bottles so here is the next best thing.  A ship in a jar.


To make this card I first created the background to look like the sea.  I then made the shaker part of my card by using the Jar Of Love stamp set and the Everyday Jar framelits dies.


I placed this little wooden boat embellishment which is from the Hooked - Letterbox Craft Box available from Bubbly Funk along with some beads and sequins from the same kit into the jar.


I then sent it to sea with lots of love to my Dad.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

  1. How thoughtful Dawn, bet Dad will love it - super creation. Hugs to you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. He is doing really well at the moment. x

    ReplyDelete