Friday, August 17, 2018

Whats Cooking?

Its Friday!!

We have a lovely challenge over at Daring Cardmakers this week and its hosted by the fabulous Joanne.

Joanne would like to see a card featuring food OR making use of something from the kitchen (foil, cupcake case, drinking straw, paint with coffee etc). Feature a food image AND use a kitchen item for extra brownie points! 

For my card I used a paper drinking straw and it features some homemade lemonade.

To make my card I started with a square of white card stock and mat and layered this onto some yellow card stock called so saffron from Stampin Up.  I then used a stencil using some yellow ink to create the background.

 I then used my favourite set from Stampin Up called Jar Of Love and made a little shaker jar.


Next I cut out these lovely tropical leaves in green glitter card using a die from Spellbinders called Tropics Wild and Free.


I also needed some lemons for my lemonade, which is also the food part of the challenge.  I used the Make Mine A Lemon die set which is also from Spellbinders.  I added a little bit of ink to give a bit of depth.

I then finished my card with a few stamped and heat embossed gold stars using the Wood Words stamp set from Stampin Up.

Thanks for stopping by today and please check out the Daring Cardmakers Blog for more lovely inspiration from the Design Team.

Have a lovely day.

4 comments:

  1. So fresh-looking Dawn, this is gorgeous! Love the shaker lemonade and the straw is a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sharp zesty colours and the shaker incorporating the straw, fabulous card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete