Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Stamping with Embossing Folders

Hello everyone.

Todays project is a easy technique and one I have avoided for ages of fear of ruining my embossing folders.

I used the Pine Wood Planks embossing folder from Stampin Up as a stamp.

To create the back ground I applied ink straight from the ink pad all over one side of the embossing folder.  I placed a square of card very carefully inside and ran this through my die cutting machine.

I love the white wash kind of effect it made.  You can experiment with other colours or even perhaps apply the ink with a brayer.

The ink just washes of really easily with a bit of soap and water.


So to create my card using this technique I first stamped the flowers using the Wood Words stamp set.  I then applied some ink to the embossing folder and created my background.

Next I created the little topper using a circle from the Stitched shapes Framelits dies and again stamped the flowers onto this.  I then stamped and die cut 3 hearts from the Wood Crate Framelits die set.  I also added a little stamped greeting use the Wood Words stamp set.

I had a little play and decided to use a different colour of ink.  I also love it in blue.
But this time I used the stars instead of hearts.



Thanks for stopping by today and please check me out on Facebook and Instagram.  Just click the links down the side.
(If you have been trying to use me as your demonstrator and were having problems I am very sorry but the issues have now been sorted.)

Please pop over to the Stampin up Website for more details and when placing an order please add me (Dawn Barwick), country (France), address (St Hernin) as your demonstrator

Products Used














2 comments:

  1. I do love this technique Dawn - not used it for a long time! Great cards. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I was so worried I would mark my folder but it worked lovely.

    ReplyDelete