Friday, May 3, 2019

Daring Cardmakers - Elemental Inspiration Challenge

Its Friday!

After a couple of busy weeks due to the school holidays and my daughters birthday it was nice to get back to crafting.

As its the first Friday of the month the challenge is always an elemental inspiration one from Daring Cardmakers.

What an amazing image our lovely host Shabneez has picked this week.  Its just beautiful.

You need to pick three elements from the picture below to create your card.


I picked the colours, wings (fireflies), stars and sequins to match the pearlescent in the wings.

When  I saw the image I just had to make another shaker card just so I could use lots of sparkly bits.


I used the amazing Jar Of Love stamp set with the matching dies called Everyday Jars from Stampin' Up! to create the shaker jar.


I haven't used the fireflies from the set much and thought these would be perfect for the wings element of the challenge so I cut them out in lots of pretty Subtles cardstock.


For the background of the card I did a bit of tone on tone stamping and stamped the stars in Smoky Slate ink onto some Smoky Slate cardstock.  The stars came from the stamp set called Wood Words.

Thank you for stopping by today and please check out what lovely creations the Design Team came up with over on the Daring Cardmakers Blog.

Have a lovely weekend.





8 comments:

  1. Love that teh fireflies have escaped the jar! Great take on the elements Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shaker cards Dawn and the colours are so pretty! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Dawn. Who wouldn't love a jar full of pretties like this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those cut fireflies and all the sparkle in the jar, gorgeous shaker card Dawn.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete